Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,535Gear list
Like?
Washington DC Monuments at night with E-30
Aug 31, 2012

These are some of the many pictures I took during the recent very brief tour of DC. I must say that pictures don't do justice to these memorials. My biggest impression was from the Korean War memorial and those 19 soldiers on patrol. At night they were dimly lit and if you stop for a few minutes and forget about modern day and everything else you feel like you are one of them. I actually got chills even though it was a pretty warm evening.
Moonlight touring of the DC monuments is very interesting.

Used my 11-22mm and PL 25 F1.4 lenses most of the time and even managed to "sneak" in a tripod, even though they are prohibited on the federal property in DC. But at night not many cops were around to yell at me.

These were developed from RAW with Capture One, which I now seriously considering my favorite RAW development software over ACR and Olympus.

This was taken handheld with PL25. What a beatiful lens!

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow