It's About Time: "The Feds Have Struck Down Texas Voter-Photo ID Requirements"

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
BRJR
Forum ProPosts: 13,641Gear list
Like?
Re: "I'm confused as to why they would single out Hispanic voters .."
In reply to Morris Sullivan, Aug 31, 2012

It's because in Texas, most of the racial minority affected and whose voting rights would be unconstitutionally suppressed, are hispanic USA citizens.

-- hide signature --

"Working for God on earth does not pay much, but His Retirement plan is outĀ of this world."

BRJR ....(LOL, some of us are quite satisfied as Hobbyists ..)

Morris Sullivan wrote:

BRJR wrote:

And, USA Federal Judges say the Texas requirements would racially descriminate against hispanic voters. Now, just before the Nov 2012 Elections, the DOJ should do the same to all other "Red States" that have passed photo id requirements restricting rights of US Citizens to vote in their states:

I'm confused as to why they would single out Hispanic voters as being discriminated against. Would not every race be effected to varying degrees?

Would they not have been against it if it disenfranchised voters equally across the racial spectrum? I thought depriving people of their legal right to vote was always bad.

BRJR's gear list:BRJR's gear list
Nikon D700 Leica M9 Nikon AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow