Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139
Like?
Got a very good deal on a high res matte 2011 MBP at Microcenter
Aug 31, 2012

I was almost going to pull the trigger on a refurb from Apple in order to get a replacement for my aging early 2008 MBP when I pulled into the Microcenter in Rockville MD while on vacation for an unrelated errand. Not only did they have a new 15" high res matte 2.5 GHz i7, 750 gig drive in stock for $1,600, that I could walk out the door with new instead of waiting for a refurb for not much less, they had 25 of them! Obviously the matte screen wasn't/isn't popular outside of photographers (and even then many don't have the strong preference) and there are boatloads waiting to be sold new. They did have some used possibilities for less but this was exactly what I was looking for. I'll have a 16 gig ram kit waiting for me when I get home and I'll be set for a while.

For anyone on the fence about a new MBP, dealing with the retina or not, where the screen is going to get some photography work done on, I think it's a great choice at this price. There simply wasn't much about the new non-rMBP models worth pondering at their cost, and this enables me to easily look forward to the next generation of retina laptops instead of going for rev 1 now.

Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow