What inspired your first DSLR Purchase?

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
sleibson
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Re: What inspired your first DSLR Purchase?
In reply to pdqgp, Aug 31, 2012

I shot with film for decades. My first digital camera was a Panasonic VGA digicam that sort of looked like a Minox spy camera. Fixed focus. Manual exposure. Optical viewfinder with no LCD for image review. A toy. No danger of that thing replacing film.

My second digital camera was an Olympus C2100UZ Ultrazoom. A great 2Mpixel digicam. I liked its images but it had a bad case of shutter stutter. Still have it but never use it but once I bought it, I stopped using film.

I've shot Canons since 1972 and longed for Canon to release a DSLR. The 10D was the first such camera, but it too had significant shutter stutter. That's a function of the microprocessor used in the camera. Then came the 20D and I was very excited. It was the first DSLR I picked up that was as responsive as a film camera. I bought one to take on my first trip to China. Since then, it's been all over the world with me. I only recently replaced the 20D with a 60D, another winner in my opinion.

-- hide signature --

Steve Leibson
http://www.sleibson.com

Shooting with Canons for 40 years

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow