Panorama problems with Olympus Viewer 2 - a panorama image with the same number has a

Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtan163
Contributing MemberPosts: 985Gear list
Like?
Panorama problems with Olympus Viewer 2 - a panorama image with the same number has a
Aug 31, 2012

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, so if not, please let me know where I should go.

I figure that since the software in questio came with my MFT camera, it must be close.

Anyway here's the problem.

I'm trying to create a panorama image from my OMD using Olympus Viewer 2 but I am getting this error:

"a panorama image with the same number has already been registered"

The process I am following is:
1) selecting the images with shift-click in the main "Browse" window
2) I then select Tools-> Panorama from the Tools menu
3) at this point Viewer changes view to the Auto Panorama window

4) Some of the images appear in the upper black stripe (I think it is called the registration area) and I get the "a panorama image with the same number has already been registered" error a number of times.

I've googled but not found anything that looks relevant.

I have created a couple of panoramas again, with compeltely different images.

These images I am trying to create the panorma with have only just been copied from my SD card to my hard drive.

I assumed that some images in the previous panoramas, had the same file name as some of the images in my current crop of images that I was to stitch a panorama together from. (file names are in the form .ORF, e.g. P8310005.ORF )

However renaming the files did not help - I still got the "a panorama image with the same number has already been registered" error.

Does anyone know how to work around this?
Or does anyone know what the actual problem is?

Thanks

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow