Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,884
Like?
LX7: I'm Back!
Aug 31, 2012

I'm back in the Panny forum. I was missing my old LX5 and decided to go compact again, for general everyday use. I looked at all of the major players in the compact market and it was either the Sony RX100 or LX7. I already have a Sony NEX-7 and a Nikon SLR which I'm keeping, so I won't be missing that Sony UI ability.

I decided on the LX7 mainly due to the abundance of external controls and new useful features. It also felt good holding the LX7 with the grip & nice UI. It's a very snappy camera and does just about everything quickly. AF is very quick and IQ is very good. The built-in ND filter is a nice treat as well during those bright conditions or when you want shallow DOF during good light or when wanting to slow the shutter speed even slower in low light. It also has auto HDR and Panorama modes. Oh, and that fast f/1.4 Leica lens and Aperture control ring

Still have to learn the ins & outs. I'm going to have fun with this cam.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PhilNew
RussNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow