S100 Repair Experience

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
skisagooner
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Story of my S100
In reply to gail, Aug 31, 2012

gail wrote:

There have been, unfortunately, a number of S100 owners who have said their camera had to go back for a second repair, including my own. Yes, it is very unsettling. Since Canon will not replace our cameras that have the affected serial numbers, there is not much we can do except to always have a backup camera for important events.

That is ludicrous. Two buyers walk into the same shop and buy the same camera and one is defected, and Canon says you can't replace it.

Really, I applaud Canon for at least acknowledging the issue and offering free repairs, and that'd have sufficed if they can guarantee that the same error would not happen again. But they can't. And rightly so, looking at the number of second cases on the Internet.

In my opinion, those who went to Canon because of a second lens error deserves a full one-to-one replacement. They deserve that peace of mind. Canon have caused enough inconvenience, and I think they are a company big enough to offer such a thing.

skisagooner's gear list:skisagooner's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
GailNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow