Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
JMasterJ
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom
In reply to hesbehindyou, Aug 31, 2012

hesbehindyou wrote:

JMasterJ wrote:

Also I was just fooling around with the T3i quickly, and with both lenses, the focusing process has been horrible. In regular room light, the focusing sometimes takes 3-4-5 seconds to get it right, and thats not even every time. Its zip-zip-zipzip-zip---zip-zipzip.... I know my old Minolta film camera did this sometimes, but this is ridiculous. Could I be alrady doing something terribly wrong?? Very disconcerting. I've tried 5 different light conditions (all indoors though) in auto settings, different color backgrounds, etc....

If shooting in liveview (i.e. with the screen on the back of the camera) then it may be using contrast detect autofocus. This does take some time and the lens will hunt.

If you're not in liveview then make sure the selected focus point is over an area with high contrast - pointing it at a blank wall (or roll of paper...?) is a sure fire way of having the lens hunt with only a small chance of success.

Some were against a wall or blanket, but some were on my cats' face... thats disconcerting....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow