no SX40 HS review?

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
samualson
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Re: no SX40 HS review?
In reply to raywes, Aug 31, 2012

raywes wrote:

I had both the FZ150 and sx40 for about a month and used them each side by side for that time evaluating which one would be my main walk around summer superzoom cam. I finally chose the sx40. My reasons were this-

The sx40 simple had less noise in my opinion. I realize you could adjust for that in the fz150 but even so the FZ150 still suffered from way more noise at any setting than the sx40 which could not adjust noise.

The second was the zoom on the sx40 is just incredible and the images at long focal lengths are just superb.

The fz150 has a 24x and 11x more is just too much to pass up. Finally the fz150 images seemed over sharpened and saturated. Once again I realize you could adjust that down probably.

The handling and speed of the fz150 was pretty good overall but the sx40 was just better out of the box for me and didn't need much tweaking no matter what you used it for.

Wow, sounds like you got one of the defective FZ models which was a problem for some people but when they had it replaced all was good. The reason i mention it is because your comments are nearly identical to the people who did get a lemon. The vast majority of pro reviews say quite the opposite.

I am looking forward to the SX50HS but who knows when that will happen. About the comments from another poster about how many people own the SX 40 compared to the FZ150, that is directly related to Canons superior marketing and that the SX 40 is available in just about every retail store out there.

Good luck finding a FZ 150 because it's a major problem and people have complained about them being impossible to get unless buying online. Other Panasonics are at some retailers but not the larger FZ models, only a select few in certain States.

Thats the reason and the only reason. Panasonic has major issues with keeping online retailers stocked up. Terrible job by them.

For those that let loyalty cloud their better judgement it's not doing anybody any favors by continuing to claim superiority with a product simply because you hate the other manufacturer.

People know very well who these people are and do not take what they say seriously, yake that to the bank.

People who can tell the honest truth no matter how painful it might be are the ones who get the most respect. People appreciate the facts and hate strong favoritism and they deserve that honesty .

Everybody has their preferences but when you always back your favorites and find nothing good with anything else all credibility is lost.

You know who you are every forum has them, you can keep thinking your opinion matters but most of us know better but since we are not rude we will continue to humor you.

That being said the vast majority are excellent informative posters and tell it like it is.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow