Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stusteelhead
Contributing MemberPosts: 948
Like?
70-200 VR1 just not sharp
Aug 31, 2012

A friend of mine bought a used 70-200 Vr1 which we tested extensively last night and were very disappointed with the results and being a prime shooter, I was wondering if we were expecting too much. Tested on Gitzo using live view for focusing with remote release so eliminated any of those issues, what we found when shooting it was, it was excellent at 2.8 at 70 mm but anything longer it was very soft wide open it was so bad at 200mm even stopped down to 5.6 it was still softer then my 300mm F/4 wide open. At 2.8 and 200mm it was extremely mushy. We also tried it with the 1.7 and 2.0 III tc and both were unusable, nothing sharp as well as major colour shift. We are thinking the lens may have been damaged and had very high hopes for the image quality both with and without the TC's on a D300S. So the question is those of you with this lens is at as good as your primes at say F3.2-F4 at 200mm and does it work with TC's or do you have to step up to the new VRII to get those results
--
http://www.raincoastphoto.com

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow