Z-990 the un-problem

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661
Like?
Re: Z-990 the un-problem
In reply to SW Anderson, Aug 31, 2012

Thanks for all the replies.

Today, I left the car for its annual inspection, so I thought it would be a great time to take the pictures of the small town I live in while the guys doing the inspection did their thing.

Only problem is that the camera would not save a picture to the memory card. Worked for 4-5 pictures last night.

Took the card out and found the camera would save a image to the internal memory. Hmm, guess I forgot to reformat the card after moving it from the dead z-990.

After a reformat, I went back to the center of town and took a bunch of pictures which will need a bit of culling out, but the camera worked with out a problem.

But now thinking about todays problem, I remember when I first received the other, now dead z-990, that I had updated the firnware to the latest version (1.12). Anybody here on this forum, done the update? I did not notice much of a change with the old camera after doing the update.

I now wonder if todays problem with the memory card had anything to do with the fact that the card came from a camera with a newer version of firmware.

I have the means to do the update, but after killing one camera, do I take the chance?

Take care,
Paul

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow