Started Aug 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilBar
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Went for the 1Dx
Aug 31, 2012

I was hoping that Canon would have developed a 1D MK V and a new 1Ds version, but the 1Dx appeared to be the best of both worlds with the exception of the price tag, closer to the 1Ds series. The main hold up for me was the $1800 difference in what the 1D mk IV sold for. In addition, I had the 5d MK II and III which in my opinion are excellent cameras, but always loved quality of the 1D bodies and how they felt in my hands.

After much thinking and input from people here, (thank you everyone for your input), my wife saw that the 1Dx was available at B&H and said, "why don't you just get it and use one of the older bodies to offset part of the cost". I am going to sell my 5D mkII with grip which should bring it down to an out of pocket of what a new 1D IV, (if it was still available), would have cost me. I still have the 5D MK III and the 1D MK IV, (which we both love).

Reading the specs and peoples experience with the 1Dx, it appeared to be the best camera that Canon has put out. I am looking forward to taking it out this weekend and see what it can do.

My question, (I know I will find out for myself), anyone using the 1Dx primarily for landscapes and cityscapes, and could you see it as a total replacement for the 5D cameras? I am asking, because I may eventually sell the 5D MK III down the line to help fund a new lens, but will hold onto it for now since it too is an excellent camera.

Thank you everyone in advance.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow