New XZ : A very hard life waits you out here!

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Knight Palm
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,723Gear list
Like?
Did Panasonic LX7 go with this new sensor?
In reply to Ben O Connor, Aug 30, 2012

With the new high-speed 12.4MP 1/1.7-inch Sony IMX144CQJ BSI CMOS sensor rather than an in-house FSI CMOS?

If so, I would expect the Olympus XZ-2 to use the identical BSI CMOS sensor.

A change to a CMOS sensor will cure the largest flaw with the XZ-1, eg. it's video performance. I guess the lens from the XZ-1 can be reused, but since Panasonic reworked theirs, I expect the XZ-2 will as well. Still Olympus will have the advantage, since it relies on sensor image stabilization, hence not necessary to include any 'deteriorating' extra lens element for the O.I.S.

I've seen many are vocal about going with a larger sensor, but I guess those will be disappointed, expecting Olympus once again taking the route with optical superiority instead.

Ref :

Ben O Connor wrote:

What had happened while waiting for XZ-1 ´s rival ;

• Canon upgrade its G serie´s sensor size to APS-C size !

• Samsung add´s wifi features to its products, that you can control from distance !

• Sony make a 1 inch sensor and fitted it to costumer´s pocket!

• Panasonic slightly make its sensor smaller, while it brighten its lens (F. 1,4 - 2,4 )

And now

• Nokia makes a camera that you can call people, listen your music, surfing the net and share everything you can on its new "Proper P & S camera"

Now, many waits for new XZ series. Everyone is very nervous like "when its coming, how it will be...i want this specs...." The most relax one seem the olympus themselves. They are still waiting to announce new rival. !

Ben.

-- hide signature --

Ludwig Wittgenstein; British philosopher born in Austria; a major influence on logic and logical positivism (1889-1951):

“What can be said at all can be said clearly; and whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent”

Knight Palm's gear list:Knight Palm's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-300 Olympus E-400 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow