Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dlmvegas
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
What the .......
Aug 30, 2012

OK, so I have a D300s, Nikkor 18-200mm VRII zoom and just received a 10-24mm Nikor zoom. I do have a 10-20mm Sigma zoom. I had dropped the camera with Sigma zoom from less than a couple of feet. I shot some test shots with the lens and took it to this top tech here in Vegas. Lens appears to be fine and so is the D300s.

I need to know if I'm testing these lenses properly. I was told by a really good print lab tech to put the camera on a tripod 10 feet away from whatever I wanted to have sharp focus on. Use f11 for aperture. I also shot at f22 as well. The reason I got the new 10-24mm Nikkor zoom is because, to me, the Sigma just wasn't all that sharp. I shot test shots today and after looking at them in Photoshop/PS Elements I am seeing the same thing I saw with the Sigma 10-20 zoom. f11 always seems crisper than f22. I had focus on Single mode and the focus was on the stucco wall that was 10 feet away. Doesn't matter if I am at 10mm or 20mm f11 always looks better. I am looking at the photo at 100-200% zoom in Photoshop.

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow