Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CharlieDIY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120
Like?
K20D tethering
Aug 30, 2012

I've tried both tethering programs, the Pentax and the pk_tether. I get problems with both. I know the pk program is a beta release, so the fact that it hangs up and forces shut down and restart after five or six shots isn't as bad as it might be.

The Pentax RA program brings up a small screen for viewing, plus controls of course.

The kicker with RA is that the shutter won't fire using the on-screen buttons. Why I have no idea.

I'd prefer the pk_tether version if it would work for at least a few dozen shots, as the screen is a great deal larger--all of this is on a 15" laptop running Win7 Professional 32 bit. My desktop is running Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, and reacts the same way.

Of course, neither of them gives a viewfinder preview: it's all about being able to check afterwards to see if the lighting is correct, focus is where I want it, etc.

-- hide signature --
Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow