ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lsundy
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
help in choosing my first m43 camera
Aug 30, 2012

Hi

I am a new kid on the block, trying to make some sense out of the abundance of cameras out there.

I currently own a Panasonic FZ-35 and am looking to upgrade to my first m43 camera. Most of my photography is outdoors (nature trails) and family shots. I know the basics and am looking to progress by getting a camera that will do better low-light and also have the option to shoot wide (with the appropriate lens), both of which are lacking in my current FZ-35. I am also teaching my 13 yr old son as I go along, so having a second camera while out hiking will be handy.

After reading many threads in this very informative forum and some online reviews, I think I narrowed my options to:

1. E-PL1

Its going really cheap and I thought this would be a good entry into the ILC world. With the spare cash I could pick up an extra lens (that will probably be a future posting of mine).

2. Panasonic G3 or G5

I really fancy having a viewfinder, plus the touch and swivel screen is appealing. Getting the G5 probably means that I'd take just the kit lens for now.

One nagging issue that I have is that my current Panny sometimes gives some washed out/overexposed shots, while my first and only digital Oly that I owned years ago (C-3040) always seemed to give great shots. So I have this tendency towards and Oly, but not sure if it is really founded or not.

Any advice and guidance would be welcome.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

len

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow