Which Camera

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joseph Broz
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Re: Which Camera
In reply to Skyline34, Aug 30, 2012

I owned the Nikon Cool Pix S9300. The law enforcement now have this camera. Taken for evidence when I walked into a crime in progress.

This camera is automatic to a fault. It is a point and shoot on steroids this camera makes all the decissions for you there is NO manual setting. Also it is maddening trying to track moving objects a bee on a flower with a slight breeze and the camera can't decide to bring the bee or the flower in focus. You have to play with the settings to get things right.

The super zoom lens is amazing. The photos at the zoo recorded food in the animals mouth. The low light photos with this camera handheld or tripod are excellent. The GPS in Philadelphia could not make up its mind what to tag the photos. My living room became the university art museum thanks to the GPS.

If this was my only camera I could be satisfied. The firmware update solved the earlier tracking problems.

My friends replaced the Nikon S9300 with the Fuji F770EXR which is also an excellent super zoom camera.

Joseph Broz's gear list:Joseph Broz's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5100 Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix S9300 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow