Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Clem Nichols
Contributing MemberPosts: 774Gear list
Like?
Focal length used in DPR's camera reviews
Aug 30, 2012

I have just come from using DPR's comparometer to compare images made by the following cameras:

Sony RX100, Fujifilm X10, Olympus XZ-1, and the Canon G1X. Except for the RX100, the other 3 cameras all have an effective focal length range of 28 to 112 mm. The RX100's is, of course, 28-100mm. I was curious about what focal length was used to compare the cameras, and puzzled by what I found upon clicking the icon at the bottom right of the images. The RX 100's pictures were made at an effective focal length of 50mm and f/6.3. The X10's were made at an efl of 77mm and f/4.5, the XZ-1's were made at an EFL of 84mm and f/4.5, and the G1X's were made with the lens extended to the maximum EFL of 112 mm and f/7.1. Surely these differences would effect the DOF made in the test shots, or is there something I'm missing here?
--
CN

Fujifilm X10 Olympus XZ-1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow