X100 SAB Repair Cost

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
DigitalDon
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: X100 SAB Repair Cost
In reply to Apteryx6, Aug 30, 2012

Apteryx6 wrote:

Assuming the camera is merely out of warranty (ie, it had a valid warranty issued by the Fuji subsidiary or representative in the country it was retailed in, ie, it was not a "grey market" camera) then it is likely that the local Fuji subsidiary or representative will repair it under their warranty anyway.

I had mine repaired (in New Zealand) 3 months after my warranty expired, and others have reported the same thing in various countries. Fuji (NZ) told me that for for SAB, the expiry of the warranty was not an issue (so long as they had given the warranty on the camera in the first place).

-- hide signature --

Apteryx

The above is quite accurate. " . . .the expiry of the warranty was not an issue (so long as they had given the warranty on the camera in the first place."

If you bought it new OR used and have a valid, dealers receipt, it will be repaired no charge. Bought it gray market or from a third party individual, you are out of luck. BTW, according to Fuji, USA, SAB has only occurred in 2% of the models produced. I deem that an acceptable failure rate. Coupled with legit purchase (dealer receipt) your worries are almost non-existent. Don't worry, be happy!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow