Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lloydos
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Nikon d3 vs d600..
Aug 30, 2012

Although this is probably a strange question I'm going to ask it anyway. I shoot as a hobby and although the next logical step for me would be a d7000 or similar (I own a d3100) I am wanting to move to full frame for the lens choices, better high iso bigger view finder etc. I have outgrown my d3100 quite a while ago now and although it's bloody frustrating on how limiting it is, it still takes some nice photos. A couple of the limiting factors of my body at the moment is the 1/4000 maximum shutter speed when shooting wide open outdoors and also frame rate/buffer. I believe these may also be a problem with the d600 being a entry level FF.

Has anyone here got a d3 and used side by side with a newer camera? How does the ISO hold up against say a d7000? Is the buffer much bigger, and will you hit its limit faster because of the frame rate?

Thing is I would kind of like the option of having a smaller body and putting the grip on when wanted and off when I'm just walking about, and the d3 obviously doesn't have that option. So maybe the d700 would be the camera I'm looking for... They seem to go for the same sort of price though!

I looking for a ff with large buffer and quick frame rate. I don't have bags of cash so limit is kinda d600 money. What would you do?

Nikon D3 Nikon D3100 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow