What's happening to all these returned D800s???

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philm5d
Contributing MemberPosts: 574
Like?
What's happening to all these returned D800s???
Aug 30, 2012

I've been reading how many folk have sent back D800s with real (or imagined) left side focussing problems. Some seem to be trying out then returning half a dozen cameras. Not sure about the U.S. but UK law "distance selling regulations" allow a 7 day window in which to return internet purchased goods.

Some retailers try to insist that goods must be returned unopened but this is not spelt out in the law so impossible to enforce.

What do poor Amazon staff do (for example), I wonder, when faced with this situation. "Just throw it in the corner with the others mate????"

I can just imagine an ever growing pile of "tried out" D800s

Call me lucky but in 30 years of pro photography using Nikons I've only once had to return a new item (24-120 F4, disappointing rather than faulty). Out of mild curiosity I tried out the left focussing point with the wide end of the 24-70 on a real subject at F2.8 Seems OK to me, doubtless if I obsessed about it I could find something I wasn't happy about, but, you see, I take photographs, for a living, of real subjects not test charts. I seem to be in the minority!
I tell you something, I'm glad I'm not a camera retailer.......

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow