ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TigrouMeow
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
The Left AF Issue -> Anyone in Tokyo?
Aug 30, 2012

Hello,

Sorry for that "boring" thread. If you are not in Tokyo, maybe you can ignore it.

As many people, I experience the left AF issue. I shoot mostly landscape so it's not a huge issue for me, but recently I started shooting in my office, mainly portraits, and I cannot work well. My good old Canon 7D performs much better...

I went to the Ginza Repair Center, they don't (officially) know about this issue but they took my camera for a few days and just gave it back to me today. It feels a bit cleaner now (they cleaned it!) but the left AF issue is still present. I talked to the staff there and we used another D800 that they have. Similar left AF issue, same problem. Therefore for them it was "not really" a problem... They told me they can take it back in order to do more testing but I'd rather enjoy my camera than waiting for it to get repaired forever. I don't think they would do something at this point.

I would like to team-up with more people in Tokyo (Japanese people + foreigners) and go together to a repair center (Ginza again or the one in Shinjuku) for the same issue. Definitely they will do something as they never really denied at 100% the issue. We just need more manpower

We are already two (a Japanese friend and I). Thanks guys!

TigrouMeow's gear list:TigrouMeow's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow