Quick release plates...

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Quick release plates...
In reply to Vasyl Tsvirkunov, Aug 30, 2012

I talked with Jim at RRS about the L-plate for the BOEM5 Plate for Olympus E-M5 blocking the USB port but he said putting it on the other side had even worse problems, so I ordered just the BOEM5 bottom plate, which is a magnificent piece of work. Looking at the camera with it attached you'd never know there was an extra piece of metal on the bottom of the camera: it looks built-in! Anyhow, I strugged with using the drop notch on my RRS BH-30 for portrait images for several trips into the field and it's just too much of a pain. I'd rather struggle with removing the camera from the quick release clamp and mounting it with the L-plate. The L-plate is supposedly easy enough to remove to gain access to the USB port, and I figure that's the lesser of two evils. I ordered my L-plate this morning.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow