Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdeban
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
G5 ergonomics, features and photos
Aug 30, 2012

I have been reading all your Lumix G5 posts with relish and was happy to see that people really like the camera, so I went and ordered on from B&H to replace my GX1 which was too small for my large hands. I got it today and think it takes even better photos than the GX1, and the larger grip makes it easier to handle, especially with a flash and heavier lens (even the Leica 45 mm macro was front heavy on the GX1). Overall it's a fantastic camera and the electronic shutter is a nice touch. I have shot a couple hundred photos and tend to keep it in electronic shutter & set a Fn key to switch to standard shutter if I want to use the flash. This photo of a small salamander was taken with an external flash in the hot shoe and with the Leica 45 mm. I had to do fewer adjustments in LR4.2 than I have for similar GX1 photos, I think (using RAW on both).

My question for other G5 owners in this forum is, how do you like the ergonomics? Is the function wheel on the back too far to the right to use the camera one-handed? How do you like the lever on the front? I wonder why Panasonic did not use a toggle around the shutter button like on the FZ150.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow