EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
JMasterJ
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom
In reply to itsDing, Aug 30, 2012

The 18-55 seems to fit the area fine so even though that is not the best lens for my job, I'll just start with it before I start spending another $300+ for more glass. My bigger problems noware how to set up the awfully big paper backdrop, 108" wide, I cant believe I got that instead of just going with some cloth sheets... this is going to be a major pain to set up... I mean, I barely have space to fit the roll in there, do I have to basically make a whole PVC housing just to have it up?

Also I was just fooling around with the T3i quickly, and with both lenses, the focusing process has been horrible. In regular room light, the focusing sometimes takes 3-4-5 seconds to get it right, and thats not even every time. Its zip-zip-zipzip-zip---zip-zipzip.... I know my old Minolta film camera did this sometimes, but this is ridiculous. Could I be alrady doing something terribly wrong?? Very disconcerting. I've tried 5 different light conditions (all indoors though) in auto settings, different color backgrounds, etc....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow