Camera you had the most fun with of all time?

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera you had the most fun with of all time?
In reply to Dennis, Aug 30, 2012

My list is

Minolta XD5, 9000, 9xi, A700 and now the A77. I've only just started with the A77 and I am not yet sure whether it is going to be as much fun as the A700 was. I still haven't come to a personal landing on Image Quality, but I am still at less than 500 shots.

I loved my 9xi, I relied on it to photograph several weddings, it was the ducks guts, had great features, focus and metering. Then i leapt into the digital world and had almost as much fun with the A700. Why almost as much fun? Because I still feel that the greatest medium of all for photography is film. When you took a photo you needed to be sure it was right. That level of tension that you got as you went through your photos the morning after just doesn't exist any more.

The digital world has taken that sense of achievement away from the user. I don't feel as proud of an image that I captured in digital as one I had captured in film.

So for me it was the 9xi.

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow