X-E1 is what X-Pro1 should have been

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 is what X-Pro1 should have been
In reply to Felts, Aug 29, 2012

If Fuji allowed a small magnification window to be placed in the OVF for critical focusing and manual focusing, it would be a killer combo. But the OVF is useless for focusing your lenses. It only works for framing and only for Fuji X lenses.

The system looks like a blind operation camera, but it only works with a specific lens set. I wonder why Fuji even brought out the Leica lenses adapter. Sure, they look great on the Fuji and the OVF could be a great item, but it's not.

My main outside camera is a Canon P. You focus via rangefinder patch. At the very least, Fuji could make a small enlargement patch to aid focusing, or if they are too lazy for that, edge detect ala Sony. Best bet would be a small software rangefinder using CPU settings in the camera's menu to help you focus your lenses.

I'd love if that OVF was big and bright like my Canon P and that it was useful for framing AND shooting manual lenses. But it's not. If a person like me got the XP1, he/she would have to use the EVF the entire time and even then, with nothing but full screen magnify, the camera would only be useful for tripod product photography.

I welcome a cheaper camera for users who are waiting for Fuji to fix their firmware so that manual lenses can be used easily.

Felts wrote:

dnercesian wrote:

Not trying to speak for anyone. That is just what I see going on, like that stupid thread someone posted saying that without the OVF, it's not an attractive camera. Hogwash.

It unfortunately seems to be an inherant irritation of DPReview forums that people make ill-informed sweeping generalisations on behalf of others. Why is that hogwash pray do tell? The lack of OVF may not be important for you , but for others it is a deal breaker.
I use the EVF 90% of the time BTW...

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shigzeo/
Advice/criticism/appreciation appreciated!

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Re:New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow