D7000 and faster SD cards

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
westerner
Contributing MemberPosts: 888Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 and faster SD cards
In reply to sgtsalamander, Aug 29, 2012

I have run up against the buffer limit several times with my D7000 in the past, but have not even once had it happen since installing a 16GB 95/mbs card in each slot. The ones used before were PNY pro 8GB, Transcend class 10 8GB and Sandisk UltraII 16GB. I figured, why limit myself and my cameras ability in any way? Use the fastest cards available and then I can never blame my cheapness on a lost opportunity. If I miss something now, I have just pushed the new faster capability to the limit. And I can live with that.

I am in the process of purchasing a USB 3.0 card reader since my new laptop has that capability...my faster cards will really shine when transferring a bunch of 14 bit RAW's to the computer. If there is a chance you might need the speed, and you can afford one, why not get one (or two)? If you never shoot in bursts, and never expect to, don't waste your time. Simple as that...
--
K.B.

westerner's gear list:westerner's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow