Is my lens bad or am I doing something wrong taking photos?

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ady2glude707
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Is my lens bad or am I doing something wrong taking photos?
Aug 29, 2012

Hello all,

Why is the couple in my photos blurry? They posed like statues but they are blurry. Am I using too large of an aperture? My shutter speed seems to be fast enough (some shutter speeds of 1/1000 or more were used (camera chosen). And I selected the focus point on my 60D as close to the subjects face as possible. For instance lets take the first and second picture as an example. On the first picture the focus point is on the female's right eye, however this picture is a little blurry. On the second picture the focus point is at the of the female's head, her hair and the photo is sharp. On the fifth pic the focus point is on the female's forehead/hair and the photo comes out blurry. On the sixth pic, I used the same focus point however the photo is sharp. Photos one and five are the sharp photos with the rest being blurred (at least through my eyes). What am I doing wrong?

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow