Camera you had the most fun with of all time?

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnFrim
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera you had the most fun with of all time?
In reply to Shield3, Aug 29, 2012

Perhaps it is because I have only "updated" my cameras infrequently (18 years with Pentax Spotmatic; 17 years with Minolta Maxxum 9000; 9 years with Pentax Optio 555; 3 months of A57... and counting... ) that I find the latest is always the most fun. The feature sets and capabilities have moved in leaps and bounds for me, so it is really not a fair question in some ways. However, I will add that I learned the most about photography with the Spotmatic because it was my first serious camera, so maybe in many ways it was the most useful to me because the learning curve was steepest with that camera.

Many of the features on modern cameras provide technological assist to what I had to do manually in the past (focus, exposure), so that makes life easier in some ways, but it also makes it more challenging to figure out, or even predict, what some of the automated functions are doing at certain times. But even that provides fun.

The absolute biggest enjoyment factor for me was the change from film to digital. The cost of experimenting is virtually zero, and the value of instant feedback is almost immeasurable. But then I don't have that week of anticipation of getting my slides or prints back from the camera store, and that was also fun.

JF

JohnFrim's gear list:JohnFrim's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow