A Compact with Swivel-Screen for Traveling?

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
abriwin
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: A Compact with Swivel-Screen for Traveling?
In reply to h2k, Aug 29, 2012

I wish you luck on your trip although having picked up the G1X on a recent trip and compared it with my G11 I decided against it for various reasons, 1) it doesn't fit in my bum bag like the G11 does and 2) it doesn't have the swivelling screen which as a short ass I have found invaluable on many occasions and which you also have mentioned how useful it is.

Like I said I am not going to buy the G12 as the G11 was already too noisy at high ISOs and I didn't realise that using night scene switched off the raw imaging. With no G14 in sight this side of Photokina I think I am going to have to take a last minute chance on the Nikon. Assuming I can get my mits on one!

The RX100 looks nice and small and has a big sensor but it doesn't have the advantages of the yet unknown Nikon P7700, ie. swivel screen, longer and brighter zoom, two function buttons, the ring around the lens which can be assigned various functions and apart from scenes yet another selector for other functions like bracket, wb, ISO etc.

Have a great trip and enjoy your photography, oh and by the way worst comes to the worst I have my iPhone and a Canon Powershot A4050 as a fall back machine (16Mps and 8X zoom). Who knows I might have to pick up the Nikon in Kyoto!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow