Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Felts
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
In Praise of Fogg bags...
Aug 29, 2012

This was also posted on the Fuji X forum...

I would just like to sing the praises of Fogg bags. For those who have not come across them before, they are entirely handmade by a couple in France (who used to live in London) called Nigel Fogg and bee berman (quirkily always lower case). I recently picked up “Celia” from eBay… amazingly my wife didn’t mind one bit.

The Fogg website states they will date your bag as each one is individually numbered. Celia is number 37 so I guessed it could be a few years old. I sent them a message and bee promptly replies - it turns out thatmy bag was made in 1989!

The bag itself is in fabulous condition considering it’s age, despite the fact that the leather closure strap indicates that it has beenwell used. The canvas itself is almost perfect and the leather has developed a beautiful patina. I would think it is a forerunner for the Lyre bag that they currently make – it can fit my X-Pro1 with lens attached plus the other two lenses back-to-back… perfection!!

Anyroad, bee asked for photos of the bag (which I obliged) then emailed saying she will pop something in the post as a “tweak” to the design – all for free. I am yet to receive the “tweak” (she posted a few days ago), and in the dark as to what it may be (I like surprises). However what wonderful service from them, despite the fact that they have made no money from me…

Fogg bags may seem expensive when bought new, but here is the proof that they will last many years longer than your current set up and perhaps outlast you too…

Felts's gear list:Felts's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow