need help choosing a compact camera

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joseph Broz
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?
Re: need help choosing a compact camera
In reply to jonezart, Aug 29, 2012

What kind of photography do you do the most? People, landscapes, inside shots, sports, busy children, sport events, family gatherings, low light shots, buildings, pets at play, still life, industry etc.

This is what narrows the choice of a camera. There are many bridge cameras but precious few that can do sharp low light photos handheld. The last wedding I shot it seamed every one had a phone camera or a compact camera. The father of the bride pulled me aside and asked with all these camera why did I need to pay you? I answered because I will get the shot of every magic moment in the actual wedding without a flash. Interesting to me the dad told me after the wedding you caught the tears on my daughter's face as I gave her to the groom! No one saw you do that. No compact will replace DSLR but some compacts are better than others.

I own eight digital cameras 2 DSLR, 1 3/4 mirrorless, 6 bridge Nikon, Fuji, Olympus and Panasonic and they all take excellent photos under the right conditions.

Joseph Broz's gear list:Joseph Broz's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix S9300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow