Another What should I do question! Mixed bag of equipment

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Another What should I do question! Mixed bag of equipment
In reply to SirSeth, Aug 29, 2012

They are recommending nothing of the sort....some are, but outside of a superzoom (another completely new camera system rather than sticking to the original question) some are simply realistic about the quality of the EF-S lenses and see the lengevity of that mount as longer than people who have said over the years it's on its last leg. The 60D shares a lot in common with the 7D...I own a 7D. The 60D may not have the same focus system or all of the same features, but saying it wasn't built to last is a non-starter. I'm guess you're referring to the EF-S not lasting or not being up to L quality, and longevity aside there are EF-S lenses that beat many L lenses by a long distance.

There may be no L class EF-S lens, but that is only because of the target audience for both: L lenses are sealed and meant to sell to pro's. Saving cost and selling to enthusiasts is where the quality differences end since optics on many EF-S lenses are first-rate. There are plenty that are lousy, too. There may be very few bad L lenses, but there certainly are some older ones that haven't held up very well going from the film age to the digital age.

Like I said, I own a 7D and I'd still have a hard time recommending bailing on the 60D if cost is an issue.....which it is. You've gone outside the original purpose of the request. She's made her decision so continuing to push her to take a much more costly, time consuming, and complex route is moot.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow