RX-100 Underwater Housing less than $400

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,565Gear list
Like?
Re: RX-100 Underwater Housing less than $400
In reply to flipples, Aug 29, 2012

That is interesting, may fit a little better than a bag housing I had, although it seems too inexpensive to risk the camera with IMO. You definitely need an underwater housing for a Hawaii trip IMO (or a cheap waterproof camera) so I wouldn't wait in your shoes. I'd probably buy a cheap underwater camera before I bought a cheap bag. That said, I'm hoping Ikelite comes out with something good in the $500 range as that is what I am waiting for to buy the RX-100. I have a "bag" type housing for my DSC-V1 and it is a huge pain making sure the lens is lined up with the hole. I won't buy another underwater housing that is a "soft" case.

flipples wrote:

Any thoughts on a cheaper housing like this?:

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-Underwater-Accessory-Includes/dp/B008L2SVV4

.. or maybe the Ewa-Marine 3d-l, which I read might fit (I emailed them to confirm). I'm headed to Hawaii in 3 weeks and probably can't wait for the Ikelite.

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow