Thom Hogans review pointed out a D800 metering issue??

Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Don89
In reply to Don89, Aug 29, 2012

Millions of people have thousands of ideas about what is correct when it comes to metering and white balance. The people I have known and conversed with who are particular about these things would never allow any camera to make those decisions.

I use AWB and usually matrix metering with my D800E, and I think they do fine. Occasionally I will use plus or minus compensation when I think it is called for, and occasionally I will change white balance in CNX2.

You are using poor logic to avoid probably the greatest cameras ever produced. If that's what you want to do, it's your hobby. If you are looking for a camera that thinks and acts just as you would so that you can avoid "thinking" for yourself, good luck with that. The D80 was and still is a fine camera, and many people still rely on it. So you should not be dissing fine cameras to which you simply refused to adapt.
Good luck finding a camera. It's all about getting happy, and I hope you do.
--
Roy

edit: just because Thom would have done it differently doesn't make Thom right. It's just his opinion, and everybody has one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow