ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikiwoodie
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Review's sample photos problems.
Aug 29, 2012

Dear dpr,

I finally have decided that I want to mention one thing that bothers me when reading your reviews. The sample photos are varying to much in my opinion.

I always look at the "Q" on the queen card and every sing photo is absolutely differently focused. The recent RX100 review has the Q absolutely OOF. It's hard to trust the reset of the review (where you are using a lot of crops from those photos) regarding comparable sharpness of the little globe, a tree of a bunch of paper clips.

Please concentrate on one point of this scene and manually set the focus and aperture at the sweet spot of the best lens you know for the camera (verify the absolute correctness of focus) and then shoot the whole set.

Regards and keep up a good work.

-- hide signature --

mdw

mikiwoodie's gear list:mikiwoodie's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow