Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
av8orgw
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon T3i vs Nikon d3200
Aug 29, 2012

Ok, so I'm a newbie and I'm trying to decide between the above two cameras. My mission is aerial photography. I am a pilot, own an airplane, I've wanted to do aerial photography for several years and I've recently had a company ask me to do some aerial shots of their facilities.

So, I've decided to go for it and maybe make a dream come true.

I've been researching digital SLR cameras and have kinda settled on the Canon T3i or the Nikon d3200. My problem is that I can't find a truly compelling reason to buy one or the other.

The bundles that I'm looking at are the same price. Here are my list of pros and cons.

I'm more familiar with Canon.
The Nikon has 24mp vs the Canon with 18. (I know I shouldn't decide based on mp)
The Canon has a slightly better zoom lens included. (55-250mm vs 55-200)

The Nikon has a little quicker auto focus from what I could tell when I used them both.

The Nikon has more focal points which may be better for aerial photos?? I'm not sure.
The Nikon lenses are a bit more expensive than Canon, but are they any better.

So, my question -- Is there really any compelling reason to buy one vs the other. I know this could turn into a passionate debate of Nikon vs Canon and I don't really want that. I just want a little nudge in one direction or the other....

Thanks for any advice!

GW

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow