Dpreview Sony RX100 Review Posted!

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
travelshots_dpr
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
Re: Dpreview Sony RX100 Review Posted!
In reply to RX100, Aug 29, 2012

There is already a thread about the Dpreview RX100 review (although with a less understandable thread title):
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1009&message=42363474

Anyway, I paste my comment here too:

I don't agree with Dpreview's complaints about the clickless front wheel. This is perfect for focus and zoom operation. If you assign other functions to the front wheel, you still have the display to control the values. If you want to have clicks, simply use the back wheel. I am very satisfied (in practice) with Sony's design decision and would hate if Sony would have built the camera the way Dpreview obviously likes.

According display in sunlight: Did you turn the display to sunny mode (not automatic)? In sunny mode the display is much brighter and I haven't encountered any situation when I could not use the display (in opposite to previous compacts I have had).

By the way: If there is any Sony camera (including DSLRs and SLTs) that deservs a gold medal, it is RX100.

travelshots_dpr's gear list:travelshots_dpr's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow