A Camera Without a View Finder is....

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,576
Like?
Re: Walt..
In reply to harry cannoli, Aug 29, 2012

harry cannoli wrote:

Years ago I bought a few Opteka (or something like that) neckstraps. They can be removed from the camera very quickly. When my rig is on the tripod I remove the neckstraps, the last thing I want is for the strap to bump into a tripod leg or get caught in the wind causing vibration.

Yep, if I put a neck strap on a camera it's one of those easily removable kind. But even those leave a lot of strap still on the camera. In fact it was one of those straps breaking that lead to the only time I've dropped a camera on concrete. Luckily a700s and the 70-300G lens are tough, only cracked the lens hood.

Me too. On days when I can't find anything I go to a local duck pond to see what's up. When I show up in camo schlepping around a somewhat large camera, people hide thier kids. (I can't really blame them)

It's part of the entertainment when they hide their kids

On the other hand I don't walk around sneering at the tourists either. Make friends, always.

Absolutely agree. When I'm around people, they are almost always interested in what I'm doing. Either that, or their interested in a bird they don't recognize. I'm always polite in those situations. Except once..

Now if you want to attract attention, get out on a rural road edge in the middle of the night holding up a parabolic dish to record frogcalls.... In my nature recording life I've done that a lot.

Worst part can be trying to shoo off the cop who's stopped and is a outdoorsman too So you can get back to your recording.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow