Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dnercesian
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
AF techies please
Aug 29, 2012

I make a lot of photos and like to try to get the best out of my equipment, but I must admit that when it comes to camera/lens internals, and how it all works, I am not terribly knowledgable.

Here is what I am curious about. Lets say the X-E1 actually does have blazing fast AF as alluded to earlier this week, especially to the point someone claims it will blow the E-M5 away. Is it really possible physically that it could come from the new lens designs, or would that just be a variable in a list of improvements?

The next thing is firmware. Could firmware actually make the X-E1 that much better with AF?

Or, must the actual hardware change in order to achieve even equal AF to the E-M5?

Aside from C-AF and tracking improvements, it would be hard to really blow away the E-M5 as it has almost instant AF, at least with my lens lineup. It really is an awesome camera. It is, however, undeniable that as good as the IQ is, the XP1 is just better enough to be, in my opinion, remarkable, and as good as it really gets.

Here is the point to my whole post. Is it possible that via lens and firmware advancements, the XP1 will also be able to implament these AF improvements, or would they be restricted physically to the actual hardware in the new camera?

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow