5D MKIII do 5D MK IV - who will?

Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
nnish78
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: 5D MKIII do 5D MK IV - who will?
In reply to Light Pilgrim, Aug 29, 2012

Agree...

But, I still believe that a writer will prefer to use a good computer rather than a typewriter.... An electrician prefer to use a new electric screw-driver rather than a manual one, and a photographer prefer to use the ease of a new camera rather than an old one... I am in the engineering field, and I hardly remember when I did my complex calculations on a piece of paper.. New technologies are always there to make the job faster, more accurate and better.. This doesn't mean that an engineer without the new technologies can't do what I am doing, but I just can do it easier..

I do a lot of product photography, and doubt I will see much of a difference with new technologies as compared to old ones there, unless I really pixel peep..

I also do concert photography(classical) and had to stop a shoot once since my shutter sound was too loud for a solo performance. A newer camera would have solved this issue....

I also do some Rally photography, and I love fast AF that I have.. I know some people say that you can do manual focus, or use center point focus all the time, but there are times when I just love to have a good AF on my camera..

Light Pilgrim wrote:
Does it make you a better photographer?

“Photography is not about cameras, gadgets and gismos. Photography is about photographers. A camera didn’t make a great picture any more than a typewriter wrote a great novel.”

nnish78 wrote:

This is the great thing about new technology.. You almost always get better products that surpasses the previous generation products..

Do I want to upgrade; yes.... Does the new product work better; yes.. Does it make my previous camera obsolete; Almost. Does it make my previous camera useless... Definitely no....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow