Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobby_t1
Regular MemberPosts: 122
Like?
Comfortable, low key hand strap for the OM-D
Aug 29, 2012

I was a big fan of a full shoulder strap when I had my D7000, but for the OM-D, it is overkill. I'm now looking for a handstrap, especially since I'll be carrying it mostly in a messenger bag when I'm traveling in a few weeks (back at home, I'll likely use the thin Artist & Artisan strap I have).

I've been searching the archives and found some suggestions, but most of them seem so large and unwieldy. And for for the life of me, I can't figure out why the Gordy handstraps ( http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/ ) are so popular. Admittedly, I've never used one, but it doesn't seem like it'd be comfortable to dangle the camera occassionally from your wrist and in terms of "compactness", the leather seems like it'd be thicker than you'd want. I'm not even factoring cost in since I don't mind spending money for high quality accessories.

When I think of a handstrap, I thought of something more rope like, perhaps silk or paracord since it'd be more comfortable and easier to bundle up when I am stuffing the OM-D into a smaller camera bag like the Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney or Domke F-5XB.

I'm not concerned about helping my grip when holding the camera (which is why I'm not a fan of the Olympus strap). The handstrap to me, is something of a safety precaution in case I drop the camera.

1) If you are a fan of a Gordy's strap, make your case and turn me into a believer
2) If you agree with me on what a handstrap should be, what have you found?

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow