Flat view
TigrouMeow
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Shooting myself in the dark
Aug 29, 2012

Hello,

Sorry for the weird subject

Well, I have to say: I am not a portrait photographer. I mainly shoot landscapes and architecture, and well, I also acquired a SB900 to take pictures of my colleagues and randoms meetings in my office. It works well, though not amazing.

Now I would like to experiment and take pictures of myself in a very dark environment. It would be this kind or even exactly this one (which is mine):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigroumeow/7180594260/in/set-72157630000186143

I had no problem taking this picture but now I would like to "pop" in the middle of that picture in random positions (probably sit on the ground, looking up at the building...)

• Is one flash enough? Do I need two? (three would be too much for my wallet...)

• Where to set the flash(es)?

• This is a long exposure so how can I be sharp? (should I run away after the flash?)

• Any special hint for the D800?

I am using a D800 and the lens for that will be probably the 14-24 or the 24-70.

Thanks a lot for your help

TigrouMeow's gear list:TigrouMeow's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow