Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Kalm
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
HX20 Bizarre glitch
Aug 29, 2012

I just got back from a two week trip taking about 1400 pictures with the HX20. Halfway through the trip, something very bizarre started to happen in playback mode. Pressing the control wheel to advance or go back between pictures would result in random jumps MANY pictures ahead or behind. Not knowing what else to do, I tried initializing the camera to return to default settings. In doing so, I found out that the same glitch which occurred in playback mode also occurred in menu mode. I could not press the control wheel in any direction without the menu items flipping among the choices like spinning wheels on a slot machine. Everything was random. Even setting the date became impossible. I would set the day, e.g. "23" then try to advance to the year and find that the date had changed. I thought I finally succeeded in getting the date set properly, forgoing the correct time, just couldn't do it, but then found out that the year had spun up to 2015.

Two days later, it stopped happening - most of the time. Occasionally it will continue to happen.

The camera is of course, still within its one year warranty, so I will send it back to Sony, but now that the problem seems to be intermittent, I wonder if they will even find anything.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of glitch happening? or heard of this kind of glitch happening? Any ideas?
--
66 on the outside, 18 on the inside

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow