Anyone know what causes this? (Photoshop)

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Graham Meale
Senior MemberPosts: 1,033Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone know what causes this? (Photoshop)
In reply to Lyle Aldridge, Aug 28, 2012

Lyle Aldridge wrote:

Does your video card have OpenGL support? Most do these days, but you haven't fully identified yours.

How do I do that?

In versions CS4 and later, Photoshop is supposed to automatically detect whether your video card properly supports OpenGL, and display the option only if it does. That you don't find the option suggests that you might be using an older video card (or you're looking in the wrong place). You might also need to open your video driver software and see if there's an option that needs to be enabled there.

Or that? It took me quite some time to work out how to switch the computer on. All I know is it's a Dell Inspiron 580 running 64-bit Windows 7.

On a scale of zero to ten, this problem would rate less than a half, so I won't lose any sleep if it isn't solved. I thought there may have been a simple solution. Nevertheless I am grateful to you and others who have tried to shed some light, despite my ignorance.

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow