My K5 W/18-135wr lens for $1,249 purchase experience (2 good 2 be true?)

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harleynitelite
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
My K5 W/18-135wr lens for $1,249 purchase experience (2 good 2 be true?)
Aug 28, 2012

ProDigital 2000 All I can say is WOW! This company just rocks! Dave at Prodigital 2000 is in the online sales dept. and after tonight, from here on out I will be purchasing my future pentax/camera products from him only. If anyone at the corporate office from Prodigtal 2000 is reading this, he definitely deserves some sort of raise and acknowledgement for the excellent customer service he provides.

First off, if anyone is interested they have an AWESOME deal on a k5 with the 18-135mm wr lens for $1,249.00 which is by far the cheapest price I've seen for this combo (I've only seen it for 1,500 elsewhere).

I called at 3:30 and the order had to be placed by 4 in order to be overnighted (the UPS truck arrives at 4). I decided not to place the order yet and to find out more about the warranties.

I contacted Pentax US and Pentax Canada regarding the warranty. When purchased through Canada, the US dept. will honor the international warranty provided, but NOT extended warranties (the 20 buck deal). Pentax Canada has a standard warranty for 2 years...I called Dave back and telling him this, he told me all I would need to do after a year is send them the camera and they would send it to Pentax Canada for repairs for the second year.

Problem solve, so its 3:45 now and I give him my card # for purchase. He calls me back telling me its not going through and asks for the number on the back to call. We hang up and 3:53 he calls back telling me the number does not work. There is a second number on there so I give him that. We hang up, and I contact my bank whom tells me it was declined b/c of an invalid expiration date. I try to call him back but no answer so I left a message. Its 4:05 now, and I call him and reach him and apparently he was on the line with my bank and got it all straightened out. He told me he had to run back to the warehouse and tell "the guys" to get it quick and try to get it out. Luckily, they did and I received the camera and lens by 10:30 this morning.

No high pressure sales, just excellent customer service at a rock bottom price. Thank you Prodigital 2000 and especially Dave for a great experience.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow