Lenses for Pacific NW visit

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Hiran
Contributing MemberPosts: 768Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses for Pacific NW visit
In reply to miles500, Aug 28, 2012

As a Portland native, I'm all too familiar with the weather of the Pacific NW. First off, I'd make sure you have a good bag with some type of weather resistance. I used the lowepro Slingshot 200aw and that would be able to carry all your limiteds and 2 zooms without issue.

If you're going to be here within the next month or so, I'd cover your WR needs by bringing the 18-55wr. But if you're here in the latter part of september or october, I'd bring both wr lenses though the 50-200 will likely not be used much unless you're shooting a seagull or some other wildlife. Personally, I usually choose to bring the 55-300 if I have the choice, but the 50-200 is quite a bit smaller and lighter. You'll definitely want something wide, so your 15 would be great. If you like food, flora, or other close-up pics, you'll want a macro so your 35 would be perfect. If you'll be camping, a low light telephoto for campfire pics would be great, in which case, I'd consider your 70. If you like street photos, your 21 would be a great choice. LOL, I'm realizing why it's so hard for me to travel light... just hire a sherpa and bring everything!

If you make it up to the Portland area, don't forget to check out the Columbia River Gorge. Some amazing waterfalls, wonderful views, and great hiking trails. Also, Mt St Helens has some great scenics and is only about 1.5 hours from Portland.

Welcome to our area - I'm sure your eyes will have plenty to feast on!
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55038128@N00/sets/72157608347425374/

Mike Hiran's gear list:Mike Hiran's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow