Something to consider if buying an Epson printer...

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
pyzon
Regular MemberPosts: 318
Like?
Re: Something to consider if buying an Epson printer...
In reply to Wm Karoly, Aug 28, 2012

Wm Karoly wrote:

Epson is within their rights as the manufacturer to make demands on you such as installing genuine carts.

??????????????

Sorry that is complete horseshit and misleading Epson are not within their rights to make demands about using genuine carts...............

This Law relates to US, I don't see why there isn't similar law in any other country...

(I've posted this on another post in this thread but this response made me rear up a bit...)

I just switched to 3rd party inks for my r3000 and use ConeColor, one of the deciding factors was this statement on their website: I get 4 times the ink than Epson carts, the quality is the same if not better on a multitude of paper times from Canson Baryta to Red River Fine Art Matte...

magnusson-moss warranty act

Your right to buy and use alternative printer ink cartridges is protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. That does not mean that the manufacturer of your printer won't make it difficult for you to use alternative inks by developing elaborate cartridge chip technologies or building in functionality into their printers to detect non-original cartridges and displaying warnings in an attempt to keep you loyal to their brand. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (Public Law 93-637) is a U.S. Federal law that states that warrantors can not require that only brand name parts be used with any product, as some printer manufacturers imply.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act Protects Consumers Against Warranty Voiding

Legally, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a consumer protection law that states that: "No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name” (15 U.S.C.A. 2302)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow