This is what the 5D Mark III has to compete with next

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
treepop
Contributing MemberPosts: 611Gear list
Like?
Re: This is what the 5D Mark III has to compete with next
In reply to MajStriker, Aug 28, 2012

Wasn't the nex5n a phenomenal sensor in terms of Dynamic Range and noise? Wasn't the same sensor used in the D7000 and the Pentax k5?

The nex7 was a bit noisy, but it was 24.1 megapixels and was still 1/3 stop better than the t2,3,4i ,60D, 7D sensor.

I honestly expect this camera to be pretty stellar performance wise. I don't however want it. I am not a fan of OLED viewfinders, and am also not a fan of Sony glass. This and the D600 should put some price pressure on Canon. I anticipate $3200 in the near future and $2999 in the not to distant future.

MajStriker wrote:

dirkluchtman wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

Not a Sony fanboy here (happily own a 5D Mark II myself), but these specs look good and for a rumored price between $2500 and 3000.

Wonder if this could put pressure on the 5d Mark IIIs price.

I'm not really seeing anything ground breaking there as far rumored specs go. The only real pressure would be in price. Sony's own sensors thus far have always been significantly noisier than Nikon/Canon and 24mp isn't going to change anyone's mind. Honestly, for as long as the Sony shooters have been waiting, I'd say this is a bit of a disappointment (on paper anyway).

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

never stop learning

treepop's gear list:treepop's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow